First Android App: Step 1: ADT installation

Welcome!!! I am new to android and I have taken it as a task to learn application development in Android within the next 10 days. So I thought, why not document the steps in detail so that I can help others like me who are interested in picking up the tricks of the trade.

I have taken it upon myself to create a shopping Cart application which is fully functional with all features. This blog will trace my development one step at a time.

How did I begin?

Step 1: My first step was to go through http://www.tutorialspoint.com/android/

This tutorial is very good with respect to familiarizing you with the different components of an Android application. Although this will not help you much when it comes to developing an actual application. 

Take your time and go through it at least once. This greatly helped me understand the purpose of different components and how they are to be used. Don't think much about the syntax etc, they will come as you start coding.

Step 2: Download ADT and install it in your system. To download ADT, browse to http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/eclipse-adt.html and download the latest version. Make sure you select the correct Bit ( 32 Bit or 64 Bit) depending on your Operating System.

Step 3: Once the ADT has been downloaded, extract the zip file and in the extracted folder, browse to /eclipse/eclipse.exe and open Eclipse.

Step 4: Now navigate to Windows / Android SDK Manager and Install all the packages that are being suggested. It is important that you install all the packages depending on your minimum API compatibility that you require.

No comments:

Post a Comment